Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ms. Train Wreck is Superior but is David Sedaris

I don’t have wisdom teeth. I haven’t had them removed either. I just never got them. My dentist back in B-lo told me I was superior because of it. A product of superior evolution I suppose. She went on to tell me that I should tell people that. I have mentioned it a few times but until now had forgotten about it.

As a child my grandparents would drive my sister and me to FL to see my mother. We would listen to NPR the entire way. I hated it as a child because I just couldn’t understand why we couldn’t listen to Def Leppard. I regress. I vividly remember listening to The Santaland Diaries and being mildly amused. Mildly amused only because I was a teenager at the time and that was all I could muster.

I have since become a David Sedaris groupie and have now seen him twice and had him sign books for me twice. I saw David Sedaris last week at Joseph Beth Bookstore. I had trouble finding a book for him to sign as most of my books are packed away. I madly searched my bookshelves and found Barrel Fever. An old BF had lent it to me to read. Thanks JC – if you need it back I will buy you a new one but you may not have yours back.

Anyhow, David was talking about the superiority he feels when completing a New York Times crossword puzzle and I wondered if that was the same sort of superiority that I have, never having had my wisdom teeth come in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For being so superior you failed to notice that you spelled Def Leppard wrong. Apparently genetic advancement and increased intelligence have no correlation.

7:39 AM  
Blogger The Odds of a Train Wreck said...

I appreciate your correction! The 80's were a long time ago and I apparently have purged many of those memories from my brain.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home